Unitarian Universalist Church of Racine and Kenosha Records, 1842-1995

Summary Information

Title: Unitarian Universalist Church of Racine and Kenosha Records
Inclusive Dates: 1842-1995

  • Unitarian Universalist Church of Racine and Kenosha (Wis.)
Call Number: Parkside Mss 14; PH Parkside Mss 14

Quantity: 6.8 c.f. (17 archives boxes) and 5 photographs

Archival Locations:
UW-Parkside Library / Parkside Area Research Ctr. (Map)
Wisconsin Historical Society (Map)

Records of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Racine and Kenosha and its predecessor congregations, the Universalist Church of the Good Shepherd of Racine (organized as the First Universalist Society of Racine) and the First Unitarian Society of Kenosha. These two congregations merged in 1961. In 1988 the congregation changed its name to the Olympia Brown Unitarian Universalist Church. Several of Racine's most prominent citizens were members of the Church of the Good Shepherd, and women's rights activist Olympia Brown was its pastor from 1878 to 1887. Records include church correspondence; constitutions and bylaws; orders of service; newsletters; board of trustees minutes, correspondence, and reports; financial records; minutes of annual meetings; files relating to special events; minutes of meetings of church organizations; committee records; biographical information about pastors and prominent members; membership directories; sermons; religious education records; photographs of the church and fellowship hall and of member Gwendolen Willis, daughter of Olympia Brown; and files concerning the history of the church.

Language: English

URL to cite for this finding aid: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/wiarchives.uw-whs-pks0014
 ↑ Bookmark this ↑