Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Album, 1941

Scope and Content Note

The collection consists of eleven 7½” x 9½” black and white photographs of the interior of the St. John’s Cathedral during its restoration after the fire of 1935. The photos are mainly of the altar and other architectural details within the cathedral. These details include the baptismal font, the railing that used to exist in front of the altar area, and the back balcony. Most of these features no longer exist in St. John’s Cathedral following its renovation in 2002. When the collection was received from the WAA it was contained within a non-archival paper album. The photos were removed from the album and placed into individually numbered archival folders.