Historic places and people in the land of milk and honey: Wisconsin's treasure: a tribute to our past, a celebration of the present and our commitment to continue the good life
[The Wilson farm], p. 9 PDF (359.4 KB)
The Ralph and Scott Wilson farm on Spring Prairie Road was founded in 1836 and known as Gardner's Prairie, named after the original homesteader, Palmer Gardner. Palmer Gardner built a log house, the first house in Spring Prairie on the site where Robert and Grace Wilson spent their lives. Ralph's grandfather, John C. Wilson, was known for raising popcorn. For fifty years, Robert S. Wilson, Ralph's father, shipped lambs from Montana and from fall to spring fattened the lambs before shipping via train to the Chicago market. The Wilson family now raises and sells pure-bred hog breeding stock and some pigs for heart research on their seven hundred acre farm. Corn, hay, wheat and soybeans are planted for feed. One stone barn remains from all the old build- ings. The farms have seen five generations of Wilsons grow up and work the farm. Ralph and Jeanette Wilson have one son, Scott, and two daughters, Julie and Jan, and eight grandchildren. GLESSNER APPRAISAL SERVICE 9
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code). Original material owned by Waterford Public Library. For information on re-use, contact the Library through the Reference Department, Waterford Public Library, 101 N. River Street, Waterford, Wisconsin 53185, 262-534-3988, (firstname.lastname@example.org).