Ohm, Howard F.; Bryhan, Leone G. (ed.) / The Wisconsin Blue Book, 1940
Members of the legislature, pp. -70 PDF (13.3 MB)
MEMBERS OF THE ASSEMBLY HAMMERGREN BENSON Buffalo and Pepin Burnett and Washington 39 PEIK Calumet DAVID I. HAMMERGREN (Rep.) was born at St. Paul, Minnesota on June 16, 1875. He is a graduate of the high school and business college at St. Paul. He was formerly a compositor and foreman and superin- tendent of various St. Paul and Chicago concerns. For the past thirty years he has been in the publishing business. Mr. Hammergren was a member of the Minnesota Legislature from 1905 to 1907, a member of the Buffalo County Board from 1932 to 1939, and from 1936 to 1939 he was chairman of the board. He is serving his first term in the assembly. Home Address: Cochrane. GUY BENSON (Rep.) was born at Jordan, Green County on April 18, 1876. He was educated in the common schools and was graduated from the short course in agriculture at the University of Wisconsin in 1895. From 1895 to 1903 he farmed. Since 1903 he has been in the general merchandise business and has been located at Spooner for the past twenty-four years. Mr. Benson was president of the board of public works at Rice Lake from 1906 to 1907, a member of the Washburn County Board for twelve years, alderman and mayor of Spooner for three and two years respectively, and president of the Spooner School Board since 1920. He was also a member of the Wisconsin National Guard for two years. In 1938 he was elected to the assembly for the first time. Home Address: Spooner. CARL J. PEIK (Prog.) was born in the town of Charlestown, Calumet County on March 27, 1896. He attended the common schools and Chilton High School and in 1917 was graduated from the short course in agri- culture at the University of Wisconsin. He has been a farmer all his life and is a breeder of Guernsey cattle and Berkshire hogs. Mr. Peik has served as school clerk since 1925, president of the Calumet County Fair Association since 193z, and supervisor of the town of Charlestown from 1932 to 1939. In 1937 he was awarded a certificate of recognition by the Department of Agriculture and Markets for his promotion of 4-H Club work and other agricultural activities. This is his first term in the assembly. Home Address: Route 4, Chilton.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright