Westover, Ruth, 1910- / The Waukau Methodists, 1867-1986
A week of dedication, pp. 18 ff.
A Week of Dedication On Saturday, Oct 29, 1904 the Ripon Glee Club presented a cantata "The Rolling Seasons" in the new Waukau M.E. Church. Admission 25 cents. The official dedication was at the 10:30a.m. worship service on Sunday, but at 7:30p.m. everyone gathered again to hear the Waukau Orchestra play and the choir sing "ten Thousand Times Ten Thousand." A tenor solo was sung by Mr. Eilert and the offertory was a trombone solo by Edgar Zobel of Ripon. After the sermon Mr. Knop sang a bass solo, "One Sweet Solemn Thought." By Nov. 4, 1904, the Epworth League held a 7:30p.m. rally. Rev. Gates substituted for the Rev. F.H. Brigham, Berlin. The Sunday school held a rally at 2:30p.m. Nov. 5 and again Rev. Gates filled in for an absentee, the Rev. L.E. Farmer. At 11a.m. Nov. 7, 1904 the Winnebago District Ministerial Association met at Waukau and was addressed by Evangelist Russell. Mr. Loper was the soloist. A Ladies Aid reception, supper and program at 3p.m. Nov.12, and the Quarterly Conference at 7:30p.m. again did without the scheduled speaker. Dr. John was detained in Omaha. The Rev. George Reynolds preached at an 11a.m. worship service Nov. 13, 1904 and special music was by the Ripon Methodist choir. [page] 18
This material may be protected by copyright law (e.g., Title 17, US Code).| Original material owned by Oshkosh Public Library.| For information on re-use, see http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright