University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Stratford centennial

Stratford churches,   pp. 83-91

Page 91

Church of the town of Green Valley after the latter congrega-
tion had been served since its organization in 1916 by pastors
from the village of Marathon and the town of McMillan.
Pastors serving the St. Paul's congregation since 1893
(available records indicate) were:
T. Thorn - Marshfield  1893-1922
0. Hensel             1922-1924
E. Kollander          1924- July 1, 1929
0. Kuehl      July 14, 1929- July 28, 1936
Walter 0. Nommensen
Sept. 27, 1936-Dec. 3, 1944
Carl Kuske    Feb. 4, 1945 - July 30, 1957
Gustav Gerth Aug. 4, 1957 - April 18, 1963
Myron Sordahl July 5, 1964 - Nov. 12, 1967
Ronald Semro  Aug 4, 1968 - Sept. 4, 1970
Henry Ellvein  Mar 21, 1971 - Dec/ 1974
Dennis Enser June, 1975 - June 1981
John Unnash   July 12, 1981 - Aug. 15, 1985
James Schmeling Aug. 20, 1985 -
The adjoining congregations of St. Paul and Grace
churches united during the tenure of Pastor Kollander to build
the present parsonage adjoining the St. Paul's church in 1924.
Present officers are: John Burkhardt, president; Gordon
Seehafer, secretary; and Charles Veers, treasurer.
The present membership includes 109 of which 71 are
Communicant members and 19 are voting members. An
organization which has been instrumental in furthering the
activities of the church and of the congregation since it was
formed May 5,1912 has been the Ladies Aid Society. Officers
of the group which has at present a membership of 13 are: Mrs.
Theodore Bartz, president; Mrs. C. C. Kieske, vice president;
Mrs. James Polinka, general treasurer; Mrs. Otto Veers, sec-
retary and Mrs. Philip Reichert, treasurer of the flower fund."
St Paul's Lutheran Church, 1924 Courtesy Anne Solinsky

Go up to Top of Page