University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Stratford centennial
(1891-1991)

At work in the woods,   pp. 37-46


Page 42

First Stratford Depot.
Article from The Wausau Daily Pilot,
October 20, 1891
Excursion to Marshfield
"An excursion from Wausau and
Marathon City to Marshfield will be had
by way of the newly opened Lake Shore
Railroad, on Sunday, October 25th, 1891.
The train will start from the Lake Shore
depot, Wausau, at 9 o'clock a.m., and
returning leave Marshfield at 3 o'clock
p.m. The fare will be $1.25 from Wausau
and $1.00 from Marathon City for the
round trip. Music by the Third Regiment
Band. The excursion will be under the
auspices of the society "Frohsinn." Eve-
rybody invited."
The Milwaukee, Lake Shore and
Western Railroad built a depot in Strat-
ford in 1891. It was a frame one story
building. In 1915, the depot had electric
lights but no plumbing.
Enlarged Stratford Depot.
Gathering at the Stratford Depot. Courtesy of Terry Frank
IL It


Go up to Top of Page