University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Stratford centennial
(1891-1991)

Before Stratford,   pp. 1-7


Page 4

The Progression From Portage County
to Cleveland & Eau Pleine Township
Prior to 1850 this area was part of Portage county, known as the Town of Big Falls. In 1851, the first townships of Marathon
county were formed. At that time, what is now Cleveland and Eau Pleine Townships was part of the township of Mosinee. The
following maps show the progression of township formation as they affect these townships.
#1 1851
HMOI.f     $7" 1"TINl  -
FJL WIN  r-  A A  T:O * .  E S
;4;
SEGE X050WO.OLTOI
#3 1875
TOLSE   ¢ 0 0       TEIA$
.OLTOW        ILLSP  STZTII      E  C
NULL  WIEN   .    .. . 00.. _.      .
0  .C +00           -',,1    L T, 0:1
I4°.00
.....  TT ,  000  0.,.,50  1 ...., " 17   ....
#5 1884
#4 1879
#6 1888
TOWN OF BERLIN 4w1. TEXAS
TOWN  OF STETTIN                ON OF  ¥USAU
TO.7S OF WIEN    NARATHO    -     TOWN OF 005000
TO.TN OF 14OSiNEE
   rTOWN  OF   .NWLTOt.
#2 1869
NASSONO A    flAMf.          O.S
OLL ON            A M O TNOT.          ...     ...
NUL       RCI   r /  : 00 4 :            OTell


Go up to Top of Page