Municipal town hall of the town of Rietbrock, p. 12
Municipal Town Hall Of The Town Of Rietbrock Municipal Town Hall With the establishment of a town government comes the need for a meeting place. Like most of the towns in Wisconsin, these places were usually small halls owned by local tavern keepers. When the Town of Rietbrock was newly organized it did hold its meetings for the first few years in the "courthouse" in Poniatowski. Later it rented halls which continued up to 1976. In 1976, then Chairman Glenn Greiner brought up the need for a building to house the town's machinery and possibly include a hall. The citizens at the annual meeting voted to build a combination hall and garage. Land was bought from George Wisnewski, and after discussing the bids of several contractors, Urban Steel Builders were contracted. The structure measures one hundred twenty-five feet in length with the width being fifty feet. The hall comprises about one-third of the total area. The hall serves not only as a meeting place for the electorate but is used for social events by residents as well as those outside the town. It has also been used as a classroom for conducting ex- tension classes for the North Central Technical Institute.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright