University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Port Washington 1835 to 1985
([1985])

A community is founded,   pp. 4-21


Rising above the downtown, the clocktower with the
gleaming eagle on the Ozaukee County Courthouse is
as much a part of the city as the new marina and the
shopping center on Main St.
Port Washington's symbol, the lighthouse at the end of
the north breakwater, is used many times to indicate the
community.
Dominating the skyline of Port Washington, St. Mary's
Church is a national historic building.
At the south end of Franklin St., the Port Washington power plant of
Wisconsin Electric Power Co. is a 50 year institution. Coal boats
delivering their cargoes, while the unloading bridge stands unused and
gleaming blue at the dock, are very much a part of the community.
Misty harbor memories abound


Go up to Top of Page