Wilbert, Carl F. / History of the town of Mequon
Rescue Squad On May 2, 1939, at the meeting of the Town Board, Mr. Donald Dailey, president of the local Red Cross chapter, informed the board that the Red Cross chapter decided to purchase a pull motor provided that the Fire Department and the Town Board would contribute to the purchase of the same. The Board took the matter under consideration and at a later meeting decided to contribute toward the purchase. The Fire Department was contacted and all agreed to contribute. The pull motor was then purchased by the local Red Cross chapter and turned over to the Rescue Squad for their use. Some charitable donors bought an ambulance and gave it to the Rescue Squad for their use. In 1950, the Town purchased a rescue squad truck for the use of the department. Members are trained in all phases of advance first aid and are on call any time of the day or night, just as the fire department is also.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright