Early history of Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
Leland Stanford's law office, pp. 60-60A
Steinke - Werking House Now owned by E.P. Werking and rented to tenants, this brick dition&y known as the Steinke House and is believed to h in 18h3 or earlier. It is a style rarely seen now in this Zausch Cigar Factory This is an example of the most attractive of pioneer basinei reminds one of buildings in the Rockefeller-restored Willia ginia. U.S. Government Light House Two famous Light House keepers were Charles Lewis Sr. and 1 Jr. The latter was keeper for 44 years before his retiremer He was married to Linda Teed (see below . The Light House a above the lake, and for many years huge oil lamps were kept its tower. North Slip of Port Washington Harbor This waB the first artificial harbor constructed in the Unil The Town of Port Washington contributed $15,000 and the U.S, furnished over $180,000. First piers were 800 feet long ax apart with depths of 13 and 14 feet. Teed Bohan House It is believed to have been built by Lewis Teed, a n c later rented by John R. Bohan, editor and politician.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright