Wester, Kevin J. (ed.) / Consumed by fire : a collection of writings about the famous Wisconsin Chair Company fire, Port Washington, Wisconsin, February 19, 1899
Port Washington Star: Port Washington, Wisconsin Saturday, February 25, 1899, pp. 18-19
Port Washington will have the sympathy and assistance of all her neighbors, hoping that she will soon overcome the shock and go on in a surer path to prosperity. Our Common Council will have appropriate resolutions suitably engrossed and sent to both the Milwaukee and Sheboygan Fire Departments, expressing thanks for timely aid given in saving our city from destruction last Sunday night, and deploring the death of Pipeman Hackett and injury to Capt. Linehan of the Milwaukee Department. Devastation on the east side of Franklin Street. The buildings on the right are on the spot currently occupied by Smith Bros. Fish Shanty Restaurant. Notice the Wilson House on the far left of the photo.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright