Shattuck, S. F., et. al (ed.) / A history of Neenah
Yachting, pp. 440-446 PDF (2.0 MB)
YACHTING The Tri-City Boating Club, organized in 1954, needed dockage facilities, and Neenah's waterfront was preempted. The pressure of need gave birth to this enterprising idea:-two double lines of "finger" piers, entering from Shattuck Park. During 1957 this part was redesigned to serve the purposes of the boating enthusiasts, and at the same time to retain a beauty spot at its heart. urer; Verndyne Stelow, Secretary. Appointments made at the meeting were: Irving Stilp, Harbormaster; Joyce Anderson, Historian. Com- mittee Chairmen: Melvin Rausch, Entertainment; Alfred Ginncw, Cruise Planning; Margaret Geisler, Publicity; Wesley Saecker, Mem- bership; Edward Stelow, House. At the November 3, 1954, meeting the constitution and by-laws prepared by the constitution committee, headed by Herman Dupont, were read and approved by the membership. Also approved was the club burgee. Its field color is deep blue. Triangular in shape, it has three white stars with points touching enclosed by a red circle. The three stars symbolize the Tri-Cities of Neenah, Menasha and Apple- ton. Club membership has grown from the original group to seventy family memberships totaling over two hundred twenty-five men, women and children. Activities have included: family cruises and pic- nics, potluck suppers, dances and costume parties. The club stands ready to provide as it has in the past volunteers to assist the law enforcement agencies in search and rescue work on Lake 445
This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any 'fair use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. Please include the following statement with any copies you make: 'Photograph courtesy of the Neenah Public Library.'