University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

First Presbyterian Church, Neenah, Wisconsin, 1848-1998; 150 years of mission and ministry
(1999)

[History of the First Presbyterian Church, Neenah, Wisconsin],   pp. 8-73


Page 73

 
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) 
enters into full communion 
with Evangelical Lutheran 
Church in America, Reformed 
Church in America, and United 
Church of Christ. Local 
celebratory worship service is 
held at First Presbyterian 
Church, Oshkosh. 
City of Neenah voters pass 
referendum approving new 
library: old building torn down: 
new library to open in year 
2000. 
    Kate and Bill 
         Brehm, 
1993 "Old Tyme 
  Sunday." Kate 
    wore a hat in 
    honor of the 
       occasion. 
The church program year traditionally ends on the 
second Sunday of June, "Old Tyme Sunday," 
usually with a service that includes several "good old 
hymns." In 1993, ushers were honored - and 
several men dressed as the ushers did back in the 
1950s (there were no women ushers then), complete 
with boutonnieres and bow ties. Front row (l-r): Bill 
Cogger, Walter (Bro) Miller, and Paul Hanson; 
second row: Stan (Chick) Seversen, Al Guentzel, 
and Ray Smith, and Howard Angermeyer; back row 
- Mel Rausch and Stu McCutcheon. 
  Confirmation class, 1998 (Sesquicentennial year). Front row (l-r): 
Meghan McDonald, Kristen Buchta, Tanya Van Rooy, Jessica Root, 
and Richard Moore (senior pastor); back row: Twannyan Carr, John 
          Shipman, Tom Beatty, Russell LeCompte, and Matt Loth. 
      Celebrating 50 years of membership in 1998 were (front row, l-r) Joe
Braun, Helen Braun, Evelyn Koepsel, Dorothy Wittmann, Martha Sparks, 
and Helen Cogger; (back row) Marge Geisler, Betty Smith, Bill Engel, and
Faye Schultz. Not pictured: Leon Brux, Nancy Gilbert, and Helen Meyer. 
t 


Go up to Top of Page