Terrill, John M. / Ladysmith lore: a photo album
[Photo album], pp. 3-64 ff.
This view looking east on Miner Avenue shows the home of attorney L.E. McGill, built in 1912; the R. 0. Sinclair home, which probably dates from the early 1900s; and the home of W. E. Thompson, manager of the Flambeau River Lumber Co. The H. W. True home on Lake Avenue is pic- tured in this photo taken during the early 1900s. True came to what is now Rusk County in 1885 and moved to Ladysmith after 1900. The building was converted into apartments. The residences of L. C. Streater, Glenn Williams and W. E. Thompson were photographed in the teens. The Streater and Williams homes were built in 1912. This view looks west. Elm trees planted a ong Miner Avenue enhanced the residential area, but the trees became diseased in the 1970s and had to be removed.
Copyright by John M. Terrill