Curtiss-Wedge, F.; Jones, Geo. O. (ed.) / History of Dunn County, Wisconsin
Chapter XV: the Stout Institute, memorial building and library, pp. 117-123
HISTORY OF DUNN COUNTY 123 After Mrs. Clark resigned, Miss Stella Lucas became librarian and served for 17 years or until her death in August, 1911. Mrs. Essie C. Nickerson, who acted as librarian for several months during Miss Lucas' last illness, was appointed to the post of regular librarian in September, 1911, and is still serving. The work of the library has so increased that now several persons are required as assistants. Of the members of the library board, much is due to C. E. Freeman, who has given to the institution unstintedly of his time, advice and assistance. The late Prof. G. L. Bowman, who was also a member of the board, worked effectively in its behalf, and through his death the library lost a friend hard to replace. In concluding this article it should be mentioned that, in addition to the library, the Grand Army of the Republic and the Woman's Relief Corps have commodious rooms in the Memorial Building. The entire establishment is illustrative of far- seeing wisdom as well as of the highest form of philanthropy, and has done much for the elevation and enlightenment of the people of Menomonie and Dunn County.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright