Dinsdale, Matthew / Papers, 1836-1897
Call Number, Wis MSS DL, folder 3 ([unpublished])
Linden 9th October 1849 PDF (4.5 MB)
Saturday 13th. I thougth a day or two ago I would not send this for a week or two, but have concluded not to delay any longer. I have told you it is _______ I shall see Ann in a short time. I now fear I cannot, as if I go west I may not be able to start early enough. I have been expecting Mr. _____ for some days but he has not yet come. Our route to California will be by way of New York, the facilities for getting along being much greater ____ from any other point. There we shall probably take a steam boat to the Isthmus after crossing which we expect to take another steam Boat to San Franscisco We calculate on accomplishing the journey in forty days. I suppose it will be rather expensive. If we do go you will hear from me agian before long. I may write again before leaving Wisconsin, if We do not get off for two weeks. We shall be _____________ at some of the West India islands, and would it not be pleasant to hear from me there? I shall take a little luggage as possible, sufficient clothing, but not many books, is if I want I can purchase at San Franscisco there being a Methodist Book Depository about to be established there. One commentary and a few others will be all I shall take. I have disposed of some of my library to _____ Lawson, and some I will leave with Jane. If you do not hear from me soon do not _____ to write as soon as possible and address to me San Francisco With love to all your as California ever affectinately M.D. *Side* ____ I send tow more papers. In one you will find a letter from _____________.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright