Businesses of today, pp. 222-242
1990 - Completed on this site, was a new, modem ma- chinery complex which included offices, showroom, parts and distribution center and a large modem repair shop. At the present time (February 1991) Don Pemsteiner is manager. The Stratford Farmers Co-op employs 40 full time employees. The Board of Directors includes Mark Kaiser- President, Bruce Hughes-Vice President, Peter Beining-Sec- retary-Treasurer, Arnold Polege and Gilbert Leick-Directors. The new Co-op Machinery Repair and Sales Stratford Finance First office of Stratford Finance Corporation. (r-l): Bob Ulrich, Ardele Klemme and Larry Klemme. Stratford Finance Corporation was formed in 1956 with Bob Ulrich as manager. Business was transacted from an office located in the garage of G.L. Klemme & Son. An insurance agency was added to Stratford Finance Corporation in 1959 when the agency of Arnold Steines was purchased. After acquiring that business they expanded to carry 07 and 09 loan licenses. G.L. Klemme & Son purchased the Guenther Building in 1960. This became the new home for Stratford Finance. The following year a general line of insurance was offered to the public as a result of the acquisition of the Frank Weber, John Gorman, and Griesbach insurance agencies. Business continued to grow and in 1963 an additional employee, Bud Hargraves, was hired to ease the work load. In 1970, the Stratford Finance and Insurance business was moved to the O.R. Klemme building, (now Hair Unlim- ited). They remained there until 1974 when a new office building was built at 300 Third Avenue. Business ventures were expanding and changing. They purchased the Oconomowoc Canning Company property in 1969, Klemme Turkey Farms in 1969 and 1970, 50% of the stock of Stratford Homes in 1973, the school bus route in 1974, and the Jerome Kaiser Insurance agency in 1977. In May of 1977, Stratford Finance Corporation changed its name to Stratford General Corporation. A second office building was built in 1980. The insurance portion of the business remained at the old site and the balance of the business moved into the new location at 248 Third Street. Several years later the insurance business also moved to its present location. Four years ago Pam Ehrike leased the old insurance building and established a new business (Parkside Styles) in Stratford. Business has continued to be diversified. Stratford Gen- eral Corporation purchased 5 feed mills-Klemme Feeds in 1975, General Feeds and Seeds of Wausau, Ringle and Bimamwood in 1979, and General Farm Supply of Spencer in 1981. In 1982 General Shoe Supplies Ltd. became a part of Stratford General Corporation. Sole ownership went to Bob Ulrich upon the retirement of Larry and Ardell Klemme. Presently employed are Bob Ulrich, Bud Hargraves, Don Spindler, Bernice Steczynski and Mary Stack. Stratford Hardware Richard and Lucille Larsen own Stratford Hardware. They purchased the business in 1988 from Joe and Carol Lato. They have done some remodeling since taking over the business and have plans for more in the coming years. The first Stratford Hardware.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright