University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Stratford centennial
(1891-1991)

Stratford's medical community,   pp. 219-221


Page 221

Dentists
By Mrs. Allen, 1956 issue of the Stratford Journal
Dr. Crawford had a dental office in the Daul building
where the Reuben Oettingers now have their hotel and tavern.
He was here in 1910, but perhaps was not a resident dentist.
Some believe he lived in Edgar and had a part-time office
here.
Dr. J.J. Schreiber came here in 1915 and for a short time
had offices in the house now owned by Mrs. Bartz and in the
Building now occupied by Stratford Hardware. He then
moved to the Chrouser building, where Dr. Klemme has his
dental office. Mrs. J. R. Heim, the former Miss Margaret
Dennee worked in Dr. Schreiber's office, being employed at
the three different locations.
Dr. Schreiber's practice and office were taken over by Dr.
0. R. Klemme on Feb. 1, 1934. Dr. Klemme later bought the
Chrouser building.
For a time, Dr. Dan Lipke worked with Dr. Schreiber. Dr.
John Jaeger joined Dr. Klemme in a partnership in July 1936.
This partnership continued for a short time. Previously Dr.
Jaeger had had his own office here.
Dr. S. R. Cohen came here in the 1930's and opened a
dental office, but moved back to Wausau a few years later.
Dr. Otto Klemme came to Stratford the first of February
1934. His office was located in the Chrouser building upstairs
from the present day Hair Unlimited.
Otto R. Klemme was born in Stratford in July 1906, the
son of the late Mr. and Mrs. H.L. Klemme. He received his
schooling in the elementary and high schools, graduating with
the class of 1924. He was a graduate of the Marquette school
of dentistry, class of 1928.
His first dental office was at Owen, which he opened in
1928, staying there until 1934. He entered the army in 1943,
serving until 1944, three months of which time was spent in
England.
Dr. Klemme and Miss Sophie Voigt of Loyal were
married in 1946. The couple had two children.
Dr. Klemme retired in 1971.
In July of 1971 Dr. Jerome D. Melbinger, D.D.S. opened
his new dental building and started practicing in Stratford. His
brother, Lonnie, joined him in 1973, but only stayed a short
time. Dr. Ken Ellis purchased the Dental Clinic and sold it to
the Dental Clinic of Marshfield in August of 1978.
The Stratford
Dental Clinic
Veterinarians
Dr. H. E. Wicker is listed in a directory of Stratford
Professionals in 1956.
Dr. Charles Kucirek came to Stratford from Auburndale
in 1960. He served Stratford area farmers for twenty six
years. He retired from his practice in 1986.
Town and Country
Veterinary Service
Dr. Douglas Skrake came to Stratford in the early 1980's
and has had a growing business ever since. There are now
veterinarians working with him in his practice which is
located at 124 S. Weber Avenue.
Douglas R. Skrade, DVM
Peter Schreiner, DVM
Ray Hoover, DVM
Susan Stanius, DVM
Russ Smolke is the Manager and Arla Manecke is the
secretary.
Dr. George Llis Towle
Physician & Suirgeon
Phone 101 StratfordWi.
Dr. G. F. Murphy
P!,.' - ian  : -'IId   7 1   71
Dr. J. J. Schreiber
' DENTIST
{?,rusr  3uk~:;. Pho-  5.2   S..af,
1923 Directory from Stratford Journal
The Stratford Dental Clinic is open Tuesday and Wednes-
day of each week and the second and fourth Thusday of the
month. Dr. Dennis Godar is the dentist. Brenda Glenetski
works as a dental hygenist, Kim Litchfield as the dental
assistant. Betty Jozwiak takes care of the office duties.


Go up to Top of Page