Wilbert, Carl F. / History of the town of Mequon
It was not until January 21, 1846, that the Town of Mequon was incorporated by the Legislature of Wisconsin. Up to that time, it was a part of the Town of Washington which embraced all the townships of old Washington County. Although it contained within the present limits, a voting precinct, it had no town organization. These voting precincts were established as settlements grew up.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright