Early history of Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
The Columbia Mill - now known as the Weber Milling Company, pp. 22-23
The Columbia Mill lease, September 1, 1880, the mill was again sold at Sheri: Northwestern Life Insurance Company of Milwaukee. On June sold the mill to Mr. Charles Zaun, who built an addition w] center portion. He also rebuilt the dam, which had been wi spring flood of that year. The waterfall at this time was ground only flour at first, then flour and a little feed. to his son, Jacob Zaun, who in 1889 sold the mill to Charl( and his brother John installed rollers to grind the grain J round millstones which had been used for many years. In the 1890's Charles Schaefer sold the mill to John V tore out all the flour milling machines and remning stont only feed. In 1926 the Cedarburg Nail Company bought it or The reason for this was that they were dependent on the Col water power, and during the suer the mill shut down and t also forced to do so. In the worst years of the depression, Gerhard and ElmE their savings and-reopened the Columbia Mill and once agair The building is now owned by the Cedarburg Nail Company, bt Company is' owned by Elmer Weber. Columbia Avenue is a resulting road due to the fact tb cut to the Columbia Mill from the village instead of the rc Street. The same thing is true of Highland Drive, which we easy route to the depot from the mill.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright