University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Wester, Kevin J. (ed.) / Consumed by fire : a collection of writings about the famous Wisconsin Chair Company fire, Port Washington, Wisconsin, February 19, 1899
([1997])

Milwaukee Journal: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Tuesday, February 21, 1899,   pp. 62-63


Page 63

injuries will be such as to render him permanently an invalid and after the shock of the
accident has passed it is believed he will make a speedy recovery.
HACKETT'S RELATIVES.
The relatives of Pipeman Michael Hackett, who died last night from injuries
received at the Port Washington fire Sunday night, live at Star Prairie, St. Croix county.
Chair Company ruins looking north. Notice the Coast Guard Light
Station on the top center of the photo.


Go up to Top of Page