University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Shattuck, S. F., et. al (ed.) / A history of Neenah
(1958)

Yachting,   pp. 440-446 PDF (2.0 MB)


Page 445


YACHTING
The Tri-City Boating Club, organized in 1954, needed dockage facilities,
and Neenah's waterfront was
preempted. The pressure of need gave birth to this enterprising idea:-two
double lines of "finger" piers,
entering from Shattuck Park. During 1957 this part was redesigned to serve
the purposes of the boating
enthusiasts, and at the same time to retain a beauty spot at its heart.
urer; Verndyne Stelow, Secretary. Appointments made at the meeting
were: Irving Stilp, Harbormaster; Joyce Anderson, Historian. Com-
mittee Chairmen: Melvin Rausch, Entertainment; Alfred Ginncw,
Cruise Planning; Margaret Geisler, Publicity; Wesley Saecker, Mem-
bership; Edward Stelow, House.
  At the November 3, 1954, meeting the constitution and by-laws
prepared by the constitution committee, headed by Herman Dupont,
were read and approved by the membership. Also approved was the
club burgee. Its field color is deep blue. Triangular in shape, it has
three white stars with points touching enclosed by a red circle. The
three stars symbolize the Tri-Cities of Neenah, Menasha and Apple-
ton.
  Club membership has grown from the original group to seventy
family memberships totaling over two hundred twenty-five men,
women and children. Activities have included: family cruises and pic-
nics, potluck suppers, dances and costume parties.
  The club stands ready to provide as it has in the past volunteers to
assist the law enforcement agencies in search and rescue work on Lake
445


Go up to Top of Page