University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Owen's Janesville city, Rock County gazetteer, and directory: containing a complete city directory of Janesville; an alphabetical directory of the farmers and land owners of Rock County; also, a classified business directory, to which is added historical and descriptive sketches of Janesville, Beloit, Evansville, Edgerton, Milton, Milton Junction, Clinton Junction, Footville, Hanover, Emerald Grove, and other towns in the county
(1876)

Clinton Junction,   pp. 296-297


Milton,   p. 297


Milton Junction,   pp. 297-298


Page 297

-Owen'it Ro*ck County- Budnme. Dkietory. 
Closddemblo edo. isc   dm hi  r tan e  A wsIm bng smouded l .0 
Ash griultura country. No better evid.ne. of the business jpNV * 
of thpm eeabe had thato .    theuumbrof buam    houses ullwell 
stoeked up in their various brnohom of tads. 
The oerrisge works of 1. P. WAWU A 0o., ae located her, and do 
a very hIrg m   anufhoturing businm. The  are smeveral flouring mil. 
The buildings, publio and pdvate, are very fine, reflecting oredit oc 
their owners s well as the town. The soioety of the plas is 8ood, 
and sohool. and churches are supported with a ml highly commend- 
able. 
TAmo0a Houss, Lot. Taylor, proprietor, Is a flmtclss hotel in 
every respect, and m "mlne host" is known far and near for hie1g-
il qualities, the traveling oommunity will here find oomfort and plea.- 
ure after the fatigue of travel. Mr. Ilett, the  esient and gentle- 
manly clerk, Is always on hand to attend to )he wants of ptoas. 
DwOKnMN & ZxwAz,.-This house ordes on the leading bud- 
ne in dry goods, grooerles, boots and shoos and general merchandise. 
Covm   & C nuvn, dealers in drugs and medloines, books and 
stationery, are both old settlers, Dr. Covert having arrived in Clinton 
in 1855, and Mr,Cheevor in 1851. They keep on hand a ohoice a. 
ctmant of goods     The store is managed by Mr. R. W. Cheever. 
Give them a oalL 
MILTON 
U locend at forks of Ohioao, Milwaukee A St. Paul railroad; is eigt 
m    from Ja-mville. 
The post c6se was Jim established in 1889. The villae was laid out 
in 188 by Jomph Goodrleh, the first ster. 
Tin M  roN AcwmUx-e01abllhed in 1844, located her, is raow"l 
fto ws, idaonal failitie,  It in under the direetion of Profmor WhM. 
ferd. 
0. K CANY,. general merchandise dealer, keep quite an ezimnove Ws. 
mortuent of 6od 
J. 0. Pftvu & Soy, proprietors Green Hil Nuney, have a general 
stock of an desirable "t, shade and evergreen trees, vines, shrubs he.
Panersare advised to conrult their advertisment in the outy dicty. 
'W                  MILTON JUNOTION. 
Locatd at the ming of Chioio, Mlwaukee & St, Paul and Chieao 
A Nthwustem Raiwes One mile from Milton. 
88 


Go up to Top of Page