University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society (ed.) / Historical homes of Prairie du Sac: a project of the Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society
(1999)

Other homes that moved,   pp. 56-57 PDF (580.4 KB)


Page 57

430: The back part of the Stan Postawa home was floated down the river from the village of
Newport. The other part of the Newport house was located at 555 Prairie Street.
640: This home was moved in from Gruber's Grove.
715: This home was moved from the site of the "new" Ford Garage on Water Street. (Meyer
Electronics is located there now; it is next to the present bridge.)
753: The Krintz home was moved from the Badger Ordnance area.
WASHINGTON STREET
100: This was Dr. Kendall's home and office. It was moved from the east side of the lot facing
Water Street. (The Pit Stop is at that location now.)
779: This home was moved from 404 Water Street when Kinzler & Frey rebuilt their garage after
a fire: It has been used as a potato warehouse, a veterinary clinic, and a Justice of the Peace Office.
It is now a private residence.
PRAIRIE STREET
555: This home was moved from Newport by Smith S. Wilkinson. Part of this home was used in the
house at 430 Seventh Street.
575: This is another home moved here from the village of Newport by Smith S. Wilkinson.
896: The Elsa Wilhelm home was moved in 1942 from the Herman Wilhelm farm. (A second story
has been added.)
910: This home was moved here from the nearby government trailer park that was located where the
Pines and The Forest are now. (The trailer park provided housing for Badger Ordnance workers
when the plant was in full operation.)
Historic Homes of Prairie du Sac a 57


Go up to Top of Page