History Community United Methodist Church
Chronological history: Waterford Community United Methodist Church, pp. 1-11
page 8 !U8 Plans drawn for ne,0- Educationpl Unit - Earl Steinke, chs ir rn, Contracts let in Nov. to Everett Hegemann and Whitrn Electric. 12 October 3 - Consecration of the new Educational Unit* Methodist Manor built. Period from 1952-1959 the message of the church entered homes by ra~to ind television, L2 V. KEI...TAUS CAUNE, Pastor (1960-1965) WNC Elder 1952. Raloh Alton became bishop. I261 Joint Comnunity Christtqs Choirs Concerts were begun. New church fars given by Grace Cameron were dedicoted. Communion linen and bread plate given by Vein Irw.in A railing at the entrance was Installed; given by the PW. Circle. 260Februry 10 Men's Club chartered. Pisno deicted. Speaker for the organ was installed in cne wall. A Chimes Fund wias begun at the instigation of Alice Tindrll. Kitchen was rewired -wih funds from WSCS. GifLtCs received were: Filmstrip Projector for the Sunday School from Minster family; Sterling silver Baptismal Bowl from Miller family; Adding Machine from Mens Club; Guest Book and Stand from Eteanor Trost; CurI stzIs Tre Stand from Mrs. Austin. 1963 'Twenty-*even choir robes ourchased and dedicated on December 1 Nativity scene was made, Lyman Room was comnieted aM given in memory off Lyman Mealy. Gifts received were: Pulpit Lamp from Dixon family; Alter Bible and Stand from E. Zimmer and C. Swain. Drive called "Capital Funds for Christian Concerns" for Wesley Foundttion, homes for aging, Bellin Hospital and mission churches. q
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code). Original material owned by Waterford Public Library. For information on re-use, contact the Library through the Reference Department, Waterford Public Library, 101 N. River Street, Waterford, Wisconsin 53185, 262-534-3988, (firstname.lastname@example.org).