University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Town of Frankfort centennial
(1890-1990)

Organizations,   pp. 43-50


Page 44

CFW Homemakers
First Row (L-R): Gertrude Bornowski, Martha Viegut,
Amanda Winistorfer, Elsie Marquardt, Gen Bandle.
Row 2: LaVerne Bornowski, Frieda Hoeft & son, Alma
Lueschow, Dora Bandle, Emma Viegut, Ida Schneider,
Katie Werner.
Back Row: Violet Bohman, holding son Daniel, Lula
Petrick, Olga Bauman, Imogene Custer.
Presidents who served the C.F.W. Homemaker's Club were:
1927-1929  ........................... Mrs. Frank Wanke
1930-1933  ......................... Mrs. W illiam  Petrick
1934-1939  .................................. No  Record
1940-1941  ........................... M rs. Louis Bandle
1942-1943 ....................... Mrs. Adolph Bornowski
1944-1945 ...................... Mrs. Bernard Custer
1946-1947  ......................... Mrs. William  Petrick
1948-1950 ....................... Mrs. Adolph Bornowski
1951-1952  ........................ Mrs. Lester Schneider
1953-1954  ............................ Mrs. Henry Hoeft
1955-1956 ....................... Mrs. Loren Winistorfer
1957-1958 ....................... Mrs. Adolph Bornowski
1959-1960  ....................... Mrs. Loren Winistorfer
1961-1962  .......................... Mrs. Harold Custer
1963-1964  ............................ M rs. Fred Timiler
1965-1966 ....................... Mrs. Adolph Bornowski
1967-1970 ......................    .. Mrs. Ray Bandle
1971-1972 ...................... Mrs. Leonard Bornowski
1973-1974  ......................... Mrs. Herbert Passehl
1975-1976 ............................. Mrs. Ray Bandle
1977-1979  ......................... Mrs. William  Martyn
1980-    ...................  ..... Mrs. Herbert Passehl
Some of the major activities of this club were donations to
Sandra Schmirler Fund in 1952. Donated a home made quilt to
Martin Bauman family whose house burned in 1955. One
member attended Farm and Homeweek in 1960. Made cancer
bandages for the Cancer Society in 1964-1966. Planted trees
around Frankfort Town Hall in 1971. Worked at Farm Pro-
gress Days as a Hospitality Committee in 1974. Made a dona-
tion to Edgar School for the handicapped for the trainable
room 1975. Donated a Wisconsin Flag to the Town of
Frankfort for Bicentennial Day March 28, 1976.
The club also served refreshments at the centennial. Other
activities included donations to Red Cross, Heart Fund, Polio
Fund, scholarship funds, and many others. They also made
quilts and donated food baskets to needy families. They
visited and entertained the elderly at several nursing homes,
and donated toys to the crippled and sick children in the
hospitals. Several of the members helped at hearing clinics
held in the area.
This club and some of its members were active at the Farm
Progress Days held at the Leick Brothers Farm in 1974.
Mrs. Herbert Passehl served on Womens Committees that
helped supervise the Womens Program. One charter member
that is still living is Mrs. Adolph Bornowski. She received a
certificate of merit for fifty years of membership on October 5,
1977. The club celebrated their 50th anniversary on April 12,
1977.
Mrs. Ray Bandle served as Stratford's District Chairman in
1961-62.
Mrs. Harold Custer served as Stratford's District Secretary
in 1968-69, and was elected treasurer of the County Home-
maker's in 1974.
FRANKLIN HOMEMAKER'S CLUB
New Club Organized In Town of Frankfort;
Ten Members Enrolled
The Franklin Homemakers' club, which was organized
Monday, will hold its next meeting October 25 at the home of
Mrs. Elmer Wussow in the town of Frankfort. Mrs. Loddie
Loskot, town of Frankfort, is president, Mrs. Elmer Wussow,
vice president, and Mrs. Herbert Nienow, town of Frankfort,
secretary-treasurer.
The club was organized at the home of Mrs. Loskot with 10
members. More members are expected to join at the next
meeting. The club will meet the second Friday of each month
at 1:45 o'clock. Mrs. Edgar Lenhard and Mrs. Nancy Kautman
have been appointed the food and nutrition leaders. Miss
Merle Ramer, home demonstration agent, met with the club at
its last meeting.
The Franklin Homemaker's Club was organized in
September 1940 at the home of Mrs. Loddie Loskot. Miss
Merle Ramer, Marathon County home agent, was present to
organize the club. The club was named The Franklin
Homemaker Club, after the local school, by the same name.
The officers elected were: President - Mrs. Loddie Loskot,
Vice-president - Mrs. Elmer Wussow, and Secretary/
Treasurer was Mrs. Herbert Nienow. The following were the
charter members who joined at the meeting:
Mrs. Loddie Loskot         Mrs. John Mohr
Mrs. Edgar Lenhard         Mrs. Herman Christiansen
Mrs. Elmer Wussow          Mrs. Sebastian Christiansen
Mrs. Arthur Giese          Mrs. Julia Nienow
Mrs. Anton Schmirler       Mrs. Elmer Schemenauer
Mrs. Anthony Kautman
Besides the ten members that joined the club at the first
meeting, the following joined at the next meeting and in early
1941 and were also considered as charter members:
Mrs. Leonard Forest            Mrs. Bernard Fitzel
Mrs. Ernest Hoernke            Mrs. Melvin Kilty
Mrs. Earl Robertson            Mrs. Lee Grant
Mrs. Emil Zenk                 Mrs. Herman Ballerstein
Mrs. Reinholl Wucherfennig     Mrs. Glen Kilty
The following joined a year of so later:
Mrs. Ernest Passehl         Mrs. George Seeger
Mrs. August Giese           Mrs. August Christiansen
Mrs. Theodore Dirks         Mrs. Albert Syring
Mrs. Ernest Schmidt


Go up to Top of Page