Town of Frankfort centennial
Settling the township: early life in the Town of Frankfort, pp. 27-39
Circa 1900 Straw burner steam engine used for power to operate the threshing machine owned by Eggebrecht & Hamann Company. Straw on the wagon was used as fuel to fire the steam engine. The engine was pulled by horses. Straw was moved on the threshing machine on an elevator as it had no straw blower. 1909-1910: Threshing crew on the John Eggebrecht farm. No. 1-John Eggebrecht, 2. Mrs. John Eggebrecht, 3. Charles Schmirler, 4. Henry C. Eggebrecht, 5. Joel Carpenter. Threshing at the Ernest Hoernke's in the 1940's.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright