University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Wisconsin Rural Electric Cooperative Association / First yearbook, 1938
(1938)

Introduction: local cooperative histories,   pp. 33-49 PDF (4.3 MB)


Page 49


WISCONSIN RURAL ELECTRic COOPERATIVE ASSOCIATION
its members at least $30,000 per year over their best long term contract
for power. When the federal loan has been paid off and it becomes
their property, free of debt still greater savings can be effected by pooling
of all operating and maintenance expense.
    The first Cooperative electric generating unit in Wisconsin. May
it succeed gloriously!
                              PROJECT
                 Wisconsin-8009-LaCrosse
    The Village of Bangor was allotted $60,000 on July 20, 1937, for
the purpose of extending the distribution lines of their municipality into"
four towns of LaCrosse county to include approximately 170 new con-
sumers. Though prohibited by the by-law limitations of STATEWIDE from
becoming members, they engaged the WRECA to perform their engineering
services at cost.
    Honold & LaPage Company, Inc., of Sheboygan were the successful
bidders who have been carrying on construction activities for several weeks
and anticipate completion early in January. Representing the interests of
STATEWIDE is resident engineer, C. A. Jorgenson.
    Mr. Harold S. Johnson has been approved as Project Superintendent.
The project was organized and is being directed and promoted by the
officers of the village:
                    HON. ORRIN FLETCHER, Mayor
                    E. 0. Mmumo, Clerk
                    ELMER H. SwERmAN, Treasurer
     Interested in municipal ownership and community welfare, Mayor
Fletcher and his fellow citizens are happy that they are able to include
their farmer neighbors in their plan of electric service, and thus serving
the best mutual interests of all.
r49


Go up to Top of Page