Sneath, Thomas S. / A directory of the city of Stoughton, and the villages of Edgerton, Milton and Milton Junction
Milton Junction, pp. -126 ff.
124 MILTON JUNCTION VILLAGE DIRECTORY. SEVENTH-DAY BAPTISr CHURCH. This society was incorporated November 6, 1879, the fol - lowing persons being the first Trustees: L. T. Rogers, -T. S. Larkin, Thomas Price, R. J. Greenman, Clark Need- ham, and A. G. Burdick: The church organization was effected December 19, 1875, and at that date the membership numbered about 75 ; the present membership is 173. The church in which they now worship is situated on the corner of Third street and Ver- nal avenue, It is built of wood and was erected in 1877 at a cost of about $5,5oo, and has a seating capacity of nearly 4oo. The interior of the church is finely finished, the seats being cushioned in fine plush. The windows are of the finest stained glass, and taken as a whole will compare favorably with any church outside of the larger cities of the state. The present officers of the churck are: Rev. Nathan Wardner, Pastor; George Larkin, James Pierce, E. Brown and Silas G. Burdick, Trustees; A. B. Spaulding, superin- tendent of Sunday School. Church services every Sabbath at 11:oo a. m.; Sabbath school at o:oo a. m.; Bible study at 3:30 P. m.; prayer meeting at 8 p. m. Auxiliary Tract Society of Seventh Day Baptist church meets alternate Wednesdays. Miss Clara Maryatt, Presi- dent; Miss Flint, Secretary. Ladies' Aid Society of Seventh Day Baptist Church meets alternate Thursdays. Mrs. G. Clarke, President. MILTON JUNCTION. Milton Lodge, Vo. 65, 1 0. 0. F.-Organized January 19, 1871, A. S. Dunham, N. G.; Allen Osmond, V. G.; 0. F. Lane, R. S.; A. C. Stannard, P. S.; F. Brandt, Treasurer; H. H. Stockman, P. G. Meets Thursday evening of each week, at Odd Fellows' Hall, Milton Junction. Members, 65. Milon unction Lterary Association.-Organized 1870. Members, 50. Mrs. R. J. Greenman, President; Delano Rogers, Secretary,; Miss Myrtie Larkin, Treasurer. Vol- umes in library, 275. 4/lton Anti-Horse Thief Association.-Organized March 8, i86o, with 17 members. J. G. Carr, President; L. T. Rogers, Secretary; S. C. Carr, Treasurer. Members from one to two hundred. Meets quarterly at Hamilton Hall.
Based on date of publication, this material is presumed to be in the public domain.| For information on re-use, see http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright