Colby, Wisconsin centennial
Sketches of pioneers, pp. 18-127
Colby's Santa Claus, John Anderson, at Wilde's old tree lot on 2nd st. youngsters. The Anderson property was purchased by C. L. Coleman He was Santa in this area for 25 years and enjoyed it as much as the in 1869. N. P. Peterson home on N. side of city, 1906. Pictured, N. P. Peters son, Martha and son John. 1911 - _ An old landmark burned during a storm in the town of Hull. It was the residence of H. J. Blanchard farm occupied by Frank Lindner. The house was built by Joel L. Briggs about 34 years ago (1877) and was one of the oldest, warmest, and oddest shaped buildings in the township. William Will Residence 1906 -- A red trunk taken from the front of Kraus. Bros. store was found hanging on the flag pole opposite Wills Livery Barn. At a baseball game in 1916, only 16 men faced (Ben) Mar- quardt during the game with Dorchester. There were 14 strikes outs, one fouling out and one getting a two base hit in a 5 in- ning game, called on account of rain. . . . . .4w. .
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright