Westover, Ruth, 1910- / The Waukau Methodists, 1867-1986
Parsonage, pp. 24 ff.
PARSONAGE The first Waukau Methodist parsonage was originally a home built by Mr. Buck for Mr. Wright, father of Mrs. Robert Paris, owner of Waukau Woolen Mills. The Methodist people bought it for $400.00. Later this house was moved to East Mechanic Street and subsequently torn down. A new parsonage was built on the site of the old Wright home at a time when the land adjoining was just cow pasture. The work was done in 1900 by Joseph Mallery, Oshkosh, and Frank Awater [Atwater],Omro. This team also built the new church after the old one burned in 1904. The Rev. Joseph Luccock later replaced a coop over the front door with a large front porch. Other improvements over the years include electric lights, a water system and bathroom, a remodeled kitchen in 1964, insulation, and oil furnace, and a screened porch. The parsonage in 1986 is valued at $50,000.00. A comfortable home is a great source of happiness. Sydney Smith 1843. 24
This material may be protected by copyright law (e.g., Title 17, US Code).| Original material owned by Oshkosh Public Library.| For information on re-use, see http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright