Stratford churches, pp. 83-91
Stratford Churches Community Bible Church A large part of the Presbyterian church congregation withdrew in the spring of 1935, and under the leadership of the Rev. Frederick H. Giles they organized the Community Bible church. During the summer months, services were held in the auditorium of the Connor building. In 1935 the Evangelical church building at Staadt was purchased and moved to the location on highway 97. Under the energetic leadership of the Rev. F.H. Giles, the congregation grew rapidly. He served here until 1953, when he was followed by the Rev. George R. Dunivent. Rev. Dunivent served until December of 1963. Rev. Roger Insley came in April of 1964 followed by Pastor Andy McAdams in October of 1973. Pastor McAdams served the congregation until November of 1976. Rev. Edward Riddrick came to Stratford in January of 1977 and served the Stratford Commu- nity Bible Church until January of 1983. Rev. Kenneth Chadbourn came to serve the church in April of 1983 and was in Stratford until October 1990. It was during Pastor Chadbourn's service in Stratford that the congregation built their new church on highway 97 south. The present pastor is Rev. Jeffrey Schwieger who came in December of 1990. Church Elders are Lyle Hoffman, Norbert Young and Daniel Hibbs. Church Deacons are John Brubacher, Arthur Young and Brian Krause. The present secretary is Edna Young and the present treasurer is Blanche Anderson. The church has a membership of 130.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright