University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Rietbrock centennial
(1880-1980)

Municipal town hall of the town of Rietbrock,   p. 12


Page 12

Municipal Town Hall Of
The Town Of Rietbrock
Municipal Town Hall
With the establishment of a town government comes
the need for a meeting place. Like most of the towns in
Wisconsin, these places were usually small halls owned
by local tavern keepers. When the Town of Rietbrock
was newly organized it did hold its meetings for the
first few years in the "courthouse" in Poniatowski.
Later it rented halls which continued up to 1976. In
1976, then Chairman Glenn Greiner brought up the
need for a building to house the town's machinery
and possibly include a hall. The citizens at the annual
meeting voted to build a combination hall and garage.
Land was bought from George Wisnewski, and after
discussing the bids of several contractors, Urban
Steel Builders were contracted. The structure measures
one hundred twenty-five feet in length with the width
being fifty feet. The hall comprises about one-third of
the total area. The hall serves not only as a meeting
place for the electorate but is used for social events
by residents as well as those outside the town. It has
also been used as a classroom for conducting ex-
tension classes for the North Central Technical
Institute.


Go up to Top of Page