Harney, Richard J. / History of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, and early history of the Northwest
Errata, pp. 7- PDF (582.3 KB)
[page 7] TABLE OF CONTENTS. [List of Illustrations, continued] TOWN OF NEKIMI. Farm Residence of William Simmons 106 Farm Residence Milan Ford Opposite 290 Farm Residence Hiram B. Cook Opposite 118 TOWN OF ALGOMA. Farm Residence of Carlton Foster Opposite 291 Farm Residence Ebenezer Hubbard Opposite 292 Farm Residence R. C. Wood Opposite 293 TOWN OF BLACK WOLF. Farm Residence of Charles Morgan Opposite 96 Farm Residence George Flemming Opposite 293 Farm Residence Alexander Bangs Opposite 282 Farm Residence Geo. A. Randall Opposite 48 TOWN OF NEPEUSKUN. Farm Residence of Andrew Sutherland Opposite 247 Farm Residence Jerome Betry Opposite 246 Farm Residence Chas. Wm. Kurz Opposite 130 TOWN OF RUSHFORD. Waukau Flouring Mills, Bean & Palfrey Opposite 97 TOWN OF CLAYTON Farm Residence of L. Hinman Opposite 107 TOWN OF VINLAND. F. L. Bartlett Opposite 105 PERSONAL NOTICES. Personal Notices 169-182 Personal Notices 296 (k) 296 (n) MANUFACTURERS AND BUSINESS HOUSES. CITY OF OSHKOSH. James L. Clark, Star Match Works 169 Foster & Jones, Sash, Door and Lumber M'f'rs 170 Robert McMullen & Co., Sash, Door and Lumber M'f'rs 172 Williamson, Libbey & Co., Sash and Door M'F'rs 172 Radford & Bro., Sash, Door and Lumbner M'f'rs 296(k)334 Geo. W. Pratt, Lumber Mf'r 348-296(l) C. N. Paine & Co., Lumber M'f'rs 175 CITY OF OSHKOSH. John S. Fraker, Shingle M'f'r 338 Cook, Brown & Co., Brick, Lime and Drain Tile M'f'rs 171 H. C. Gustavus & Co., Flour 'f'rs 172 Parsons & Goodfellow, Carriage Works 296(j) Martin Battis, Steam Boiler M'f'r 173 John F. Morse, Foundry and Machine Shop 296 (1) 328 Wm. Spikes & Co., Furniture M'f'rs and Dealers 296 (m) 336 B. H. Soper, Furniture M'f'r and Dealer 296 (m) 346 J. B. Loper, Soap M'rfr 333 W. W. Daggett, Oshkosh Business College 186 Wm. Hill & Co., Dry Goods 165 and 320 Carswell & Hughes Dry Goods 166 and 324 Sam'l Eckstein, if erchant Tailor 179 and 326 Andrew Haben, Merchant Tailor 175 Schmit Bros. Trunk Factory 296 (j) and 173 Ferdinand Hermann, Grocer 174 Geo. F. Stroud, Oils, Paints and Glass 175 and 330 Sam'l M. Hay, Hardware 173 Tom Wall, Freight Agent M. & St. Paul R. R 176 Gustavus lesch 177 Beckwith House 344 E. W. Viall, Grocer 296(m) and 347 Leonard Mayer, Grocer 296(n) and 340 John Begliner, Grocer 349 and 342 A. lichtenberger, Grocer 349 and 322 Wille & Ploetz, Hardware 296(m) and 322 James Kennedy, Grocer 296(m) and 331 Chas. Quinlan, Grocer 296 (n) and 331 R. E. Bennett. Grocer 296 (n) and 338 Sebastian Ostertag, Grocer 296 (n) and 334 Hoboes & VanDoren, Grocers 296 (n) and 338 C. A. Johnson & Co., Boots and Shoes 349 and 328 Geo. F. Eastman, Books and Stationery 296(m) and 348 Henry Schneider, Building Contractor 296 (l) and 340 Thos. Polley, Building Contractor 296 (l) and 340 Weisbrod & Harshaw, Lawyers 350 Wm. Kelley, Clocks, Watches and Jewelry Back Cover. Eugene Fraker 349 CITY OF NEENAH. A. H. F. Krneger 212 J. B . Russell 212 Carl J. Eraby, Insurance Agent 339 Bergstrom Bros. & Co., Stove Works 335 Whitenack & Mitchell 337 John Roberts' Summer Resort 212 CITY OF MENASHA. Webster & Lawson Hub and Spoke Factory 227 Menasha Wooden Ware Company 223 and 242 S. S. Roby 341 ERRATA. The last paragraph in first column, Page 50, should read: procured by Gen. Lewis Cass from the Archives of the War Department of France, while he was officiating, etc. The last paragraph in second column, Page 60, should be: In 1829, the Winnebagoes ceded a portion of their lands near the lead mines; and 1833, they ceded all of their lands south of the Fox and Wisconsin Rivers. In 1838, they relinquished their claims to all of their lands east of the Mississippi. The last paragraph in second column, Page 67, should be: The Post at Prairie du Chien instead of Green Bay. Page 68, the date at head of page should be: 1812. Page 88, in last paragraph, first column should be, Government lands, instead of Government bonds. The second paragraph on Page 94 should be: thirty-two years ago, instead of twenty-eight. On Page 149 should be: the High School Building was erected in 1867, instead of 1857. Page 139, Geo. Mayer, Watchmaker and Jeweller. His name ought to be inserted as one of the firms doing business in Oshkosh in 1850. The several town officers, mentioned in this work as present town officers, are those of 1879. Page 195, last paragraph, should read: In September, 1836, the Menominees ceded that portion of Winnebago County, which lies north of the Upper Fox River, except the small tract east of the Lower Fox, which was formerly Winnebago territory, and ceded by that tribe to the Government in 1833.
Images may be copied by individuals for personal use, research or teaching purposes, or other "fair use" as defined by U.S. copyright law