Terrill, John M. / Ladysmith lore: a photo album
[Photo album], pp. 3-64 ff.
Ditmanson Co. was a fixture in Ladysmith for 62 years and owner Thorwald Ditmanson was a stalwart supporter of the town. Ditmanson and Martin Nelson came to Ladysmith in 1919 from South Dakota with the intention of buying the Golden Rule Store. Instead they bought the Thompson Mercantile Co. Ditmanson bought out Nelson in the 1920s and ran the store until his death in 1951. The store closed in 191. The grocery staff from left above included Margaret Carlson, Lyd Woodard, John Lover, Elmo Inabnit, Thorwald Ditmanson and Eiler Schiotz. The staff of the Ditmanson Co. Store posed for this picture in February of 1924. Pictured from left are: bottom row - James Duffy, Natt Trepannier, Thorwald Ditmanson, Edna Fisher, Grace Lampman and Art Hepburn; row 2 - R. Schliep, Jack Tromblay, Elsie Knutson, Elmo Inabnit, Margaret Carlson and Lloyd Ellingboe; row 3 - Minnie MacComber, Cecil Fossburgh, Bill Jenness, Eleanor Kushinsky, Carl Brown and Lyd Woodard. Cf .
Copyright by John M. Terrill