University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Dallas Centennial 1870-1970 : August 15-16, 1970
([1970?])

Professional men


-jD16 ofe- lona[ Jl"-vn
The days of the country doctor are fading.
We find that in these modern times the patient
travels to the doctor instead of him making "house
calls." In the early days of Dallas the "country
doctor" made many calls to the homes.
Young Dr. Jim Malcolm was an early prac-
titioner here. Other doctors were Dr. Wiger, Dr.
Vitkins, Dr. C. Thatcher, Dr. Buell, Dr. 0. Knudt-
son, Dr. S. Simonson, and Dr. Erdlitz.
A drug store was built and stocked by Dr.
Thatcher. He later sold it to C. N. Anderson. Mr.
Harly was a druggist at one time. Then Richard
Rehnstrand bought the business and continued in
the same building. He later sold to Elmer Nel-
son. The present druggist, Joe Rienwand, is doing
business in the original drug store building.
Dental service was offered for the people, with
a Dr. Reque having an office upstairs in the pre-
sent post office building. From time to time den-
tists came in on a part time basis from other
towns.
Dallas also had the services of an animal
doctor. He was Dr. Pherneton, a veterinarian who
was in business for many years.
In later years no medical personnel has lo-
cated in Dallas and residents go to nearby cities
for these services.
Drug Store
4th of July parade


Go up to Top of Page