Dallas Centennial 1870-1970 : August 15-16, 1970
In 1889 a one room frame schoolhouse was built. This was located west of the depot or just east of the present Assembly of God Church. By 1903 there was a need of a larger school. A two story three room school was built on the site of the present school. It cost $1750.00. It con- sisted of nine grades and had three teachers. In 1922 it was decided to build a larger and sturdier school. The old frame building was torn down and a brick building put up. John Harstad was the contractor. It contained four classrooms; a gymnasium, a stage, a furnace,, and bathrooms. There were eight grades plus two years of high school. In 1950 the high school was dropped, and the students attended the surrounding high schools. The year 1955 found the school district consolidating with the Barron school system. In 1956 a classroom for kindergarten and a lunchroom were added to the building. At present there are six grades plus kindergarten classes in attendance at Dallas. Six grades are being bussed to Barron to attend Junior and Senior High there. Emmett Amdall is our local representative on ihe school board.
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use see: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright