University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society (ed.) / Historical homes of Prairie du Sac: a project of the Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society
(1999)

Other homes that moved,   pp. 56-57 PDF (580.4 KB)


Page 56

Other Homes that Moved
WATER STREET
977: This home was moved here by Andrew Gruber in 1912 from Sumpter when Garth Premo built
the new home.
HOLLY COURT
250: This home was moved in from the Badger Ordnance area. It was the Rudolf Schlag farm house.
347: The Reuben Mueller home was originally the toll house for the first bridge in Prairie du Sac.
395: The Graff family had this home moved from 393 Water Street. They lived in it while their new
home was being built.
FIRST STREET
241: The Oscar Bartnick home was floated down the river from the town of Newport.
247: Known as the John J. Gasser home, this home also came from the town of Newport.
295: For many years this was the Billy Coulson home. It was moved to this site from the Christian
Gruber farm (north of Prairie du Sac on City 12) circa 1912.
366: The Donna Meyer home was moved from Newport to 491 First Street and then relocated to this
address.
FOURTH STREET
309: Ada Evans/Gilbert Pulvermacker home was first moved over the ice from the Clifton area, to
the corner of Third and Prairie Street. When Sentry needed this area for a parking lot it was once
again moved to Fourth Street.
FIFTH STREET
5: This small frame house had been located on Water Street in Sauk City; it had served that
community as Post Office from 1891 to 1911. Charles Stoddard, builder mover, hitched this
building to his new motor car and moved it to this site. It is now a residence.
305: The Dr. Walter Schellenberger home was moved from the C.C. Steuber farm on PF.
306: Count Agoston Haraszthy moved this house from 295 Water Street.
336: This home was part of the William Simon farm house that was located in the Badger Ordnance
area.
340: This house had been the main part of the William Simon house that was located in the Badger
Ordnance area.
385: The Ed Hager home was moved from 515 Broadway, the next lot north.
SIXTH STREET
245: The Dale White house was moved from the Sinclair Station when the Ace Hardware shopping
area was constructed.
305: This house was built from Badger Ordnance barracks.
319: This house was also built from Badger Ordnance barracks.
359: This is another home built from the barracks.
650: This house was moved from 610 Sixth Street by Fred Lemm, when he wanted the corner lot
for his new home.
SEVENTH STREET
56 w Historic Homes of Prairie du Sac


Go up to Top of Page