University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society (ed.) / Historical homes of Prairie du Sac: a project of the Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society
(1999)

[Lincoln Avenue],   p. 39 PDF (365.2 KB)


Page 39

115 Lincoln Avenue: This large Queen Anne cement block house was built in 1911. It was built by
Anton Koch for his son John Koch. A. Koch was the great-grand-grandfather of Dr. Dusty Koch.
The cement blocks were made at the site. The three front rooms are finished with beautiful oak
woodwork. It has one set of pocket doors. The remainder of the house is yellow pine. Mrs. Koch was
a seamstress and a large upstairs room was her workshop. Mr. Koch joined the blacksmith shop of
Doll and Ragatz in 1898. The original cement porch balustrades have been removed. It was sold in
1992 to the Sauk Prairie Memorial Hospital. (Below) The home as it appears today.
Historic Homes of Prairie du Sac ai 39


Go up to Top of Page