University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Milmine, Geo. R. (ed.) / Racine advocate city and county residence and business directory of Racine, Wisconsin
(1876)

Town of Caledonia,   pp. [199]-216 PDF (4.9 MB)


Page [199]


H. W. WEIGHT makes al styles of Frames.
         Town of Caledonia.
         VILLAGE OF FRANKSVILLE.
    Is situated on the Chicago Division of the C. M. & St. P. Ry.,
nineteen miles south from Milwaukee, and sixty-six miles north of
Chicago; twelve miles by rail, via Western Union Junction, and seven
miles by wagon-road from Racine. The original plat of the village
was made in 1873, and comprises about twenty-five acres, owned by
Messrs D. B. Rork, and H. B. Roberts. Although of but two years
growth, it now contains upwards of fifty inhabitants, who are, without
an exception, intelligent, enterprising and liberal. The village con-
tains two stores, shoe shop, post office, meat market, blacksmith shop,
wagon-maker shop, express office, &c., and the necessary trades and
professions to make a town. It has also an elegant and substantial
church edifice, and a first class school; also a Lodge of Good Temp-
lars in a flourishing condition, and a well attended Grange of the Pat-
rons of Husbandry. To those desirous of engaging in any trade, bu'si-
ness or profession, taking into consideration its locality and the rich
surrounding country, settled by honest, industrious and intelligent
farmers, no better opportunity is afforded than at Franksville.
                       DIRECTORY.
Baltes M., blacksmith, sw cor Rork and Roberts, r same
Bartell Win. H., merchant, ss Rork i e R. R., r same
Beyer Fred., sec lab bds John Billings
Billings John, sec foreman, r es R. R., n depot
Brown George, sec lab bds John Billings
Crane Henry (Crane & Kearns), r sw cor Rork and Roberts
Crane & Kearns (Henry C. and Thomas K.), butchers, sw cor Rork
    and Roberts
Eager Henry L., station agent, r ns Adams 2 w Roberts
Edmundson D. C., telegraph operator, bds E. W. Owens
Erickson P. H., carpenter, sw cor Rork and Morris, r same
Estberk Michael, shoemaker, ns Rork 2 e Roberts, r same
Fohrman Charles, sec lab bds F. Fohrman
Fohrman Fred., sec lab r es R. R., n depot
GORTON & BUFFHAM, The Bohner Patented Ltbr-ry Lamp.
to
0
0
0


Go up to Top of Page