University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society (ed.) / Historical homes of Prairie du Sac: a project of the Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society
(1999)

[Galena],   p. 40 PDF (348.8 KB)


Page 40

410 Galena Street, the Edmund Keysar Home. William H. Hubbard purchased this lot from the U.S.
Government in 1843. In 1850 it was sold to Israel Green for $200, to Solomon Brown in 1851 for
$170, to Alexander Morrell in 1856 for $500 and Edmund Keysar in 1864 for $600.It would appear
that a house had been built in the 1850's and improvements and additions made while Keysar owned
the property. When F.O. Sisson bought the property in 1885, the amount paid was $1,100.
480 Galena: The Lantz House was built about 1850 and is located at the corner of Galena and Fifth
Streets, in Block 11 of the Original Plat. The land was part of the 75 acres deeded to William H.
Hubbard by the United States Government in 1843. 1843-Wm.H. Hubbard; 1844-Daniel B.
Crocker; 1848-Burk Fairchild; 1848-Martin S. Parker; 1850-Alex M. Morrell; 1862-Isaac F. Smith;
1874-Drew Sisters; 1878-Emma Stone (later Mrs. Wakeley); 1885-John Keller; 1901-John
Kaufman; 1904-August Graff; 1907-Frank P. Neu; 1909-Mrs. Barabara Lantz.
40 ?A Historic Homes of Prairie du Sac


Go up to Top of Page