University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The History Collection

Page View

Military government weekly information bulletin
Number 57 (September 1946)

[Highlights of policy],   pp. [4]-20 PDF (9.3 MB)


Page [17]


The pictures on this and the opposite page
Tshow activity at the electric power plant
in Gendorf, Germany, being diamantled for
shipment as reparations to the Soviet Union.
The project, which will take fourteen months
to complete, is being carried out by German
engineers under the direction of the Repara-
tions Section, Industry Branch, OMG Bav-
aria. Each dismantled unit is marked and
then transported on special flat cars to Bre-
men where several units at a time are loaded
on ships for waterborne movement to final
destination. The Gendorf plant, built during
the period 1939-1942, has a capacity of
60,000 horsepower and is large enough to
supply a town of 250,000 with electric power.
(Opposite page, left) A massive coal pulverizer is set
into place on a flat car; (center) a German civilian
worker stencils a packed crate of machinery; (below)
equipment is lashed to a flat car; (above) view of
the Gendorf plant.               Signal Corps Phofos


Go up to Top of Page