George M. Richard Photographs of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1958

Summary Information

Title: George M. Richard Photographs of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Inclusive Dates: 1958

Creator:
  • Richard, George M.
Call Number: UWM Manuscript Collection 167

Quantity:
  • .2 cubic ft. (1 box)
  • 24 safety film negatives

Repository:
Archival Location:
UW-Milwaukee Libraries, Archives / Milwaukee Area Research Ctr. (Map)

Abstract:
Photographic prints and negatives taken by George M. Richard, former editor of the Wisconsin Alumnus, a magazine of the Wisconsin Alumni Association, based in Madison. The images were included in the October 1958 issue of the Alumnus. Included are interior and exterior shots of the newly formed University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus, including Baker Fieldhouse, the Student Union, downtown classroom buildings (all of which have been razed or are no longer used), the Campus Elementary School (currently the Kunkle Center), Kenwood Hall, the library (then located in Mellencamp Hall), Mitchell Hall, and classes in session.

Language: English

URL to cite for this finding aid: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/wiarchives.uw-mil-uwmmss0167
 ↑ Bookmark this ↑