Avenues West Association Records, 1983-2004

Biography/History

Between 1956-1966, the Division of Commerce was administered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison but located at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. In 1966 the division became part of UWM and was renamed the School of Business Administration. The program has offered bachelor's and master's degrees since 1956. A doctoral program was added in 1980. The School of Business Administration received accreditation from the American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business in 1971. In 2006, the school's name was changed to the Lubar School of Business.

Directors and Deans of the Division and School:

1956-1958 Edwin R. Hodge, Jr. (Director, Division of Commerce)
1958-1959 James H. March (Director, Division of Commerce)
1959-1966 Herbert F. Klingman (Director, Division of Commerce)
1966-1976 C. Edward Weber (Dean, School of Business Administration)
1976 Eric Schenker (Acting Dean, School of Business Administration)
1977-1997 Eric Schenker (Dean, School of Business Administration)
1997-2001 Charles O. Kroncke (Dean, School of Business Administration)
2001-2002 V. Kanti Prasad (Interim Dean, School of Business Administration)
2002-2009 V. Kanti Prasad (Dean, School of Business Administration)
2009-2015 Timothy L. Smunt (Dean, Lubar School of Business)
2015- V. Kanti Prasad (Interim Dean)