University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Toepel, M. G.; Theobald, H. Rupert (ed.) / The Wisconsin Blue Book, 1962
(1962)

Administrative branch,   pp. [371]-[548] PDF (54.0 MB)


Page 393


CHIROPRACTIC, BOARD OF EXAMINERS IN
      equal to a certain percentage of the value of the state's
      physical plant as the State Building Trust Fund. Since 1957
      this fund has been augmented by monies for university and
      state college buildings based on a percentage of university
      and state college students' academic fees collected in the
      previous fiscal year.
   6. Prepares an analysis of andrecommendations on available and
      alternative methods of financing buildings for the use of state
      agencies.
   7. Provides members for 2 public building corporations, which
      corporations are constructing office, academic, and institu-
      tional buildings. Total obligation on June 30, 1961, was
      $50.2 million.
                  CANVASSERS, BOARD OF
Members: JOHN W. REYNOLDS; DENA A. SMITH; ROBERT C. ZIMMER-
    MAN (all ex officio).
Office: State Capitol.
   The Board of State Canvassers was created by Sec. 69, Chapter
 6, Revised Statutes 1849. This is an ex officio board consisting
 of the Secretary of State, State Treasurer, and Attorney General,
 formed for the purpose of canvassing the vote cast for presidential
 electors, state officers, congressmen, legislators representing dis-
 tricts of more than one county, certain judicial officers, constitu-
 tional amendments, and state-wide referenda. The tabulating of
 the election returns is performed by the personnel of the Secretary
 of State's Office on the basis of the certified returns made to the
Secretary of State by the several county clerks of the state. On
the basis of the certificates of the Board of State Canvassers, the
Secretary of State issues certificates of election to the successful
candidates.
      CHIROPRACTIC, BOARD OF EXAMINERS IN
Members: M. W. GROSKOPP, chairman; S. C. SYVERUD, secretary; R. P.
    HINTZ, superintendent of examinations.
Secretary's Address: 320 W. Main St., Mount Horeb.
  History. The year 1925 marked an important milestone in the
history of chiropractic in Wisconsin for it was then that a law was
passed that chiropractors be licensed, thereby establishing the State
Board of Examiners in Chiropractic. Since the enactment of this
law, all chiropractors are required to hold a basic science certifi-
cate by examination or reciprocity and a chiropractic license by
examination to practice legally in the state.
  Organization. The Governor, with the advice and consent of
the Senate, appoints the board which consists of 3 chiropractors,
393


Go up to Top of Page