University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Ohm, Howard F.; Bryhan, Leone G. (ed.) / The Wisconsin Blue Book, 1935
(1935)

Members of the legislature,   pp. [189]-266 PDF (24.0 MB)


Page 211


MEMBERS OF THE ASSEMBLY                            211
     FITZSIMONS              JOHNSON, J. E.            GOLDTHORPE
   FOND DU LAc, Ist         FOND DU LAc, 2nd              GRANT, 1st
   MAURICE FITZSIMONS, JR. (Demn.) of Fond du Lac was born Septem-
 ber 30, 1906, and has always lived in the city of his birth. For two years
 he attended Marquette University, and since 1923 has been affiliated with
 M. Fitzsimons and Sons Shoe Company. In 1927 he became the owner
 and operator of the Fitzsimons Fur Farm. Mr. Fitzsimons has been a
 member of the assembly since 1932. Home Address: Box 129, Fond du Lac.
   Fond du Lac County, first district: Towns of Calumet, Empire, Fond du
 Lao, and Taycheedah; city of Fond du Lac.
   JOHN E. JOHNSON (Prog.) was born in the town of Alto, Fond du Lac
 County on July 5, 1873, and lived and worked on a farm until he was
 twenty-three years old. He was educated in the public schools and took
 a short course in draftsmanship, building, and contracting. He has fol-
 lowed the carpenter trade, and is also interested in the lumber and fuel
 business. Mr. Johnson also served the village of Brandon as a member,
 trustee, and president of the village board and was its representative on
 the County Board for 1932-34. From 1916 to 1922 he was a member of
 the assembly and is again representing his district this session. Home
 Address: Brandon.
   Fond du Lac County, second district: Towns of Alto, Ashford, Auburn,
 Byron, Eden, Eldorado, Forest, Friendship, Lamartine, Marshfield, Metomen,
 Oakfield, Osceola, Ripon, Rosendale, Springvale, and Waupun; villages of
 Brandon, Campbellsport, Eden, Fairwater, North Fond du Lac, Oakfield,
 Rosendale, and St. Cloud; city of Ripon and fifth and sixth wards of
 Waupun.
 WILLIAM H. GOLDTHORPE (Rep.) was born at Cobb on September 25,
 1880. After completing his course at Cobb High School he was graduated
 from Platteville State Normal School in 1900. In 1899 Mr. Goldthorpe or-
 ganized the Platteville Normal School Band 'which was the first normal
 school band in Wisconsin. His interest along musical lines was continued
 and in addition to conducting bands in his home town and the surround-
 ing towns, he organized the Wisconsin Press Association Band in 1926
 which was the first of its kind in the United States. Since 1923 he has
 been a newspaper publisher at Cuba City. He has also been postmaster of
 that city for the last twelve years. Mr. Goldthorpe is serving his first
 term in the legislature having been elected to the assembly in April 1935
 to fill the vwcancy caused by the death of B. A. Clemens in January 1935.
 Home Address: Cuba City.
 Grant County, first district: Towns of Beetown, Cassville, Clifton, Ellen-
 boro, Glen Haven, Harrison, Hazel Green, Jamestown, Lima, Paris, Platte-
ville, Potosi, Smelser, and Waterloo; villages of Cassville, Hazel Green,
Liv-
ingston, and Potosi; cities of Platteville and Cuba City.


Go up to Top of Page