University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Early history of Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
(1965)

Covered bridge,   pp. 33-34e


Page 34c

"LAST COVERED BRIDGE"
Built 1876           Retired 1962
This bridge was built by the Town of Cedarburg
on petition of neighboring farmers to replace
periodically washed out bridges. Pine logs,
cut and milled at Baraboo, were fitted and set
in place in lattice truss construction with 3
x 10 inch planks secured by 2 inch hardwood pins,
eliminating the use of nails or bolts, and floored
by 3 inch planking. The Ozaukee County Board in
1940 voted to assume the preservation and main-
tenance of this bridge.
Erected 1965
Ozaukee County Historical Society."
By the Courtesy of:
Cedarburg Chamber of Commerce
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
L


Go up to Top of Page