University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Early history of Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
(1965)

Excelsior Mill - Cedarburg Nail Company,   p. 29


Page 29

EXCELSIOR MILL - CEDARBUEG XAIL COMPANY
The Excelsior Mill, built of stone in 1871 by H. Wah
at a cost of $21,000, was enlarged in 1875. Tha addition
It is located on Cedar Creek, section 26. Wahausan operai
a sawmill. It was purchased by Henry Kohiway in 1881. TI
was the finest on Cedar Creek. Tha fall obtained was 25 1
1880's fire consumed all the wooden buildings, and it was
Weber bought it just before 1890. In 1890 it became the C
Wire Nail Company. John Weber, President; E. Wurtbmann, N
Fred E. Keuther, Secretary; and E. G. Wirtluann, Treasurei
Gerhard and Elmer Weber reopened the Columbia Mill at
produced feed. The building is now owned by the CedarburE
the Weber Milling Company is owned by Elmer Weber.


Go up to Top of Page